DIRECTORY OF FIRE RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES: 1971-1973
The Committee on Fire Research of the National Research Council is supported by several federal agencies and has as its mission "to advise, recommend, and identify areas of research and development needed for fire prevention and control and the alleviation of fire damage." This Directory has established itself as a general reference and resource for interchange of information for a diffuse and worldwide endeavor to understand the destructive action of fire. It reveals emerging frontiers of research in attempting to cover all fire research activities in the U.S. Included are the R&D efforts of the U.S. Department of Transportation involved in the Tank Car Safety Test and Research Project.
- The work on this publication was done by the Committee on Fire Research, Division of Engineering.
National Academy of Sciences2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 361 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Explosions; Fires; Hazardous materials; Research; Safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00083076
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 8 1976 12:00AM