THE AMERICAN TURBOLINER
The background for selection of turbine trains for corridor service is examined and characteristics of the RTG Turbine Train power units described. Design criteria for future performance requirements are also developed.
- This paper was contributed by the Gas Turbine Division of ASME for presentation at the Gas Turbine Conference & Products Show, Houston, Texas, March 2-6, 1975.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Pier, J R
- Foster, J L
- Publication Date: 1974-12-2
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel consumption; Gas turbines; High speed rail; Multiple unit trains; Turbotrains
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00083055
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 75-GT-108
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 8 1975 12:00AM