THE ST6 GAS TURBINE IN TRAINS. OPERATING EXPERIENCE
This paper outlines the operating experience of the ST6 gas turbine installed in trains. Some of the problems encountered and the solutions used are discussed. The duty is compared to other more widely known duties. Some thoughts are offered for future applications of gas turbines to rail vehicles.
- This paper was contributed by the Gas Turbine Division of ASME for presentation at the Gas Turbine Conference & Products Show, Houston, Texas, March 2-6, 1975.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Coffin, W M
- Publication Date: 1974-12-2
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Gas turbines; High speed rail; Multiple unit trains; Railroad cars; Turbotrains
- Old TRIS Terms: Turbo-electric rail car
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00083053
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 75-GT-91
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 8 1975 12:00AM