LABORATORY INVESTIGATION TO DETERMINE STATIC AND REPEATED LOAD STRENGTH OF FULL-SIZE DOUGLAS FIR GLUED LAMINATED STRINGERS
This report contains a description and analysis of data recorded during the investigation of 24 dry, untreated, combination 10, Douglas fir. glued-laminated bridge stringers in the AAR Research Center Laboratory. A complete summary of the data obtained during this investigation can be found in Tables 1, 2 and 3. This report also contains a description and analysis of data pertaining to the growth characteristics and physical properties of the wood used in these stringers as determined by the Forest Products Laboratory, Madison, Wisconsin. The data obtained during this investigation can be found in Tables 6 to 8.
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Digest, A
- Publication Date: 1962-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Laminated wood; Stresses; Stringers; Trestles
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge stresses; Glued laminated bridge stringers
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00083045
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads Research Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: #ER-26
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1975 12:00AM