REACTOR REFUELING REVIEW AND ADAPTABILITY FOR SHIPBOARD
A preliminary review and evaluation was made of seven reactor types, five of which are land-based facilites, for refueling and the adaptability of their respective methods to shipboard installation. It is concluded that the inclusion of the land-based refueling and waste disposal system in a merchant ship would be restrictive. Therefore, only a limited number of the tasks and equipment should be included on board the vessel, with the remainder being performed at a land-based facility.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number G-4-R.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA United States 02169
- Barr, W E
- Publication Date: 1958-6-23
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Maintenance; Nuclear fuels; Nuclear powered ships; Refueling; Waste disposal
- Subject Areas: Energy; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026072
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-338
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM