EVALUATION OF METHODS OF REFUELING A NUCLEAR SHIP
Factors considered in the evaluation of different methods of refueling a nuclear ship on a basis of distribution of time for and cost of refueling, convenience to the ship, impact on ship's schedule, and the effect of shipboard furnished facilities on the ships earning power. Of the 12 methods considered, the two found most desirable have the facilities most often used by the refueling crew located on a barge. In this way, the possiblity of an occasional servicing operation at a remote location can be provided for satisfactorily by towing this Health Physics barge to that location.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number G-4-EV.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA USA 02169
- Wolverton Jr, C D
- Publication Date: 1958-6-23
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Maintenance; Nuclear fuels; Nuclear powered ships; Refueling
- Subject Areas: Energy; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026071
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-338
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM