NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP REACTOR DETERMINATION OF THE PURIFICATION RATE FOR NORMAL OPERATION
The purification flow rate recommended for the NMSR primary loop water is 9830 lb/hr for normal operation. This flow rate is equivalent to 25 gpm at the loop's average operating conditions (508 F and 1750 psia) and 19.8 gpm at the demineralizers operating conditions (110 F and 50 psia). The flow rate is expected to: 1. maintain the radiation level resulting from corrosion product activities and other impurity activities, excluding fission products, which are dissolved and suspended in the water at less than 200 mr/hr near the main primary piping wall 30 minutes after normal reactor shut-down, and 2. maintain the corrosion product impurity level in the primary water at less than 1.0 ppm as FE(sub 3)O(sub 4).
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1015 (Revised).
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
- Publication Date: 1958-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion; Corrosion protection; Design; Nuclear reactor coolants; Nuclear reactors; Radiation monitoring; Spent reactor fuels
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026069
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-4)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 2 1974 12:00AM