AVOID-I COLLISION AVOIDANCE SYSTEM (M)
A detailed description of the work perform on the AVOID-I collision avoidance system is provided. The AVOID-I receiver/transponder, traffic simulator and digital display interface units operation and hardware descriptions are provided in detail. Test procedures developed for the system are test results are included. The system has been delivered to the Naval Air Development Center, Warminster, Pennsylvania, for flight test purposes.
Honeywell3660 Technology Drive
Minneapolis, MN USA 55418
Naval Air Test CenterPatuxent River, MD USA
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20591
- Dexter, R G
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 185 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Collision avoidance systems; Digital computers; Radio receivers; Simulation; Transponders
- Identifier Terms: Avoids-1 (Collision avoidance system)
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00082940
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N62269-73-C-0487, DOT-FAA73WAI-358
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 26 1975 12:00AM