AN APPRAISAL OF THE PROBLEM OF THE HANDLING, TRANSPORTATION, AND DISPOSAL OF TOXIC AND OTHER HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
The report presents detailed narrative, tables, and graphs as follows: Hazardous materials classification; Types and quantities of hazardous materials; Accidents involving hazardous materials; Transportation environment; Disposal of hazardous materials; and references and contacts. Hazardous materials discussed are flammable materials, compressed gases, corrosive materials, explosives, oxidizers, poisons including chemical warfare agents and pesticides, infectious agents, radioactive materials, and Molten Materials.
Booz-Allen and Hamilton, Incorporated1025 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
Council on Environmental Quality722 Jackson Place, NW
Washington, DC USA 20006
- Publication Date: 1970-1-30
- Pagination: 180 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Chemicals; Classification; Crash investigation; Crude oil; Environmental impacts; Explosions; Explosives; Fires; Flammability; Gases; Hazardous materials; Highway safety; Highway transportation; Information organization; Information systems; Liquefied petroleum gas; Materials management; Pesticides; Poisons; Radioactive materials; Railroad transportation; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous materials information
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Environment; Highways; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00082921
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-05-00033
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 26 1976 12:00AM