STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS FOR CONSTRUCTION OF ROADS AND BRIDGES ON FEDERAL HIGHWAYS PROJECTS
Specifications are presented for those items of work, materials, and construction methods that are generally applicable to direct Federal highway contracts, and which may also be adapted for use by other highway agencies. This publication, which is dualized in order to familiarize the user with the metric system, is patterned to the extent possible after the AASHTO Guide Specifications for Highway Construction in order to establish a nationwide uniformity and consistency of specifications and contractural matters in highway construction. The specifications, which are designed to prevent early obsolescence and controversy in the administration of contracts, and to encourage increased production and decreased costs consistent with high quality work, cover various aspects of general requirements and construction details. Earthwork base courses, bituminous pavements, and rigid pavements are covered in detail, as well as bridge construction, incidental construction and materials.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 461 p.
- TRT Terms: Bituminous pavements; Bridge engineering; Building materials; Concrete pavements; Costs; Earthwork; Federal aid highways; Flexible pavements; Metric system; Paving; Road construction; Specifications; Standards
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00082906
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FP-74
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 8 1975 12:00AM