DESIGN OF THE NMSR PRIMARY SHIELD
The purpose of this report is to describe the shielding calculations and techniques used in sizing the NMSR primary shield, the results obtained, and the resulting shield thicknesses. The present report covers many of the items scheduled for presentation in the final NMSR shield design report to be issued in November of this year. Although some further detailing of the primary shield design and of the flux and dose profiles from the reactor may be expected at that time, there should be no major variations from the values reported herein.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1101.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
- Smith, W R
- Turner, M A
- Publication Date: 1958-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear reactors; Radiation shielding; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026065
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 2 1973 12:00AM