THE NIBBLER--A NEW CONCEPT IN CONCRETE BREAKING
This article describes the development by the Building Research Establishment of the Nibbler, a new concrete breaking attachment for hydraulic excavators, which is substantially quieter than conventional impact breakers. Trails have shown that the experimental Nibbler is capable of breaking plain and mesh-reinforced concrete slabs up to 250 mm thick at a rate of 53 sq m/hr. The Nibbler bucket can be used for loading broken pieces of concrete onto a lorry. License for the manufacture of the Nibbler has been granted and it is expected to be on the market before the end of the year.
Building Research EstablishmentBuilding Research Station, Garston
Watford WD2 7JR, Hertsford, England
- Musannif, AAB
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Maintenance equipment; Noise control; Performance; Roadbuilding machinery; Velocity
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement breakers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00082883
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CP 83/74
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1975 12:00AM