ALKALI-AGGREGATE REACTION IN MAINE
Evidence of alkali aggregate reaction has been observed in thirty year old structures located in south-western Maine. The survey contained in this report covers the aggregate presently being used in portland cement concrete for Maine Department of Transportation structures. The testing was performed by atomic absorption spectrophotometry for the determination of the existence of soluble silica. Analysis of the developed data indicated that none of the aggregates presently in use contain sufficient soluble silica to be considered deleterious because of silica alkali reactivity.
Bangor, ME USA 04402
- Epstein, G
- Stevens, E R
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Alkali aggregate reactions; Portland cement concrete; Silica; Spectrophotometers
- Old TRIS Terms: Atomic absorption; Spectophotometry
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00082852
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: #74-12
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 8 1975 12:00AM