UNDERGROUND CONSTRUCTION IN FLUID TRENCHES
The concepts of underground construction in fluid trenches which are central to foundation engineering are presented. The contents include a review of the State of the Art; the analysis of trench stability and the supporting action of fluids; the development of fluid technology and the control of fluid systems; the presentation of excavating systems and a discussion of common organizational and construction problems; concrete fundamentals and construction details; the analysis and design aspects with emphasis upon analytical modeling; applications and examples from actual construction; specifications and inspection procedures; and the need for additional research. The fluid trench construction method offers promise in the control of construction settlements that will reduce the cost of street repairs and the problem of maintaining the integrity of adjacent structures.
University of Illinois, ChicagoDepartment of Materials Engineering
Chicago, IL USA 60680
- Xantharos, P P
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 291 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Excavation; Fluids; Foundation engineering; Inspection; Slurry trenches; Specifications; Stability (Mechanics); State of the art studies; Technology; Trenches; Underground structures
- Old TRIS Terms: Slurry trench construction; Trench stability; Underground
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00082834
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1975 12:00AM