FROST ACTION ON ROADS
Summaries of papers and discussions, conclusions and recommendations of the Symposium of Frost Action on Roads held at the Norwegian Road Research Laboartory in Oslo on October 1-3, 1973 are presented. Theoretical climate models was described and the need for cooperation between meteorologists and road engineers was highlighted. Research on propagation of frost and thermal analyses was evaluated. It is recommended that use be made of tests that actually submit the soil to a freezing process; however, there is need for easy to apply and simple criteria in practice. Present pavement design procedures in OECD member countries were reviewed, and special or recently developed pavement frost protection methods examined.
Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development2001 L Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 229 p.
- TRT Terms: Climate; Frost action; Frost protection; Mathematical models; Methodology; Pavement design; Pavements; Research; Thermal analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements; Research;
- Accession Number: 00082832
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1975 12:00AM