NUCLEAR-POWERED SHIPS FOR AMERICAN SHIP OPERATORS
Fifteen papers presented at the Washington symposium are included. Marine applications of nuclear power are discussed with regard to maritime regulations and marine insurance. The designs of the first nuclear merchant vessel and its pressurized water reactor are given. Other reactor designs proposed for merchant ship applications are boiling water, organic moderated, and gas cooled reactors.
- A symposium held in Washington, D.C., July 30, 1957.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
Atomic Energy CommissionDivision of Reactor Development, Maritime Reactor Branch
Washington, DC USA
- Publication Date: 1957-7-30
- Pagination: 196 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Economics; Electric power plants; Nuclear power; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Power plant costs; Power plant economics
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026047
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM