NUCLEAR STUDIES FOR THE NUCLEAR POWERED MERCHANT SHIP
This reports on studies conducted to determine the effect of a nuclear power plant on design requirements for the first nuclear-powered merchant vessel and is based on preliminary power-plant information. Some aspects of reactor safety and containment vessel design are also considered. The report is not all inclusive. Rather, results of some of the effects of reactor accidents, information on radioactive materials which must be handled routinely and their inherent hazards is found in Chapter 3. The calculational methods used are presented in the extensive appendices.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number WKNL-98.
Kidde (Walter) Nuclear Laboratories Incorporated975 Stewart Avenue
Garden City, NY United States
Sharp (George G) Incorporated30 Church Street
New York City, NY United States 10007
- Bartels, W C
- Publication Date: 1957-8-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Nuclear power plants; Radiation hazards; Radiation shielding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026046
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: WKNL-98
- Contract Numbers: MA-1348
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM