TRACK TRAIN DYNAMICS. ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION
This manual, a report marking the completion of one assignment of the International Government-Industry Research Program on Track-Train Dynamics, is a guide to systematic investigation of any derailment in order to establish a cause, or combination of causes. It presents information stressing the close relationships between track, train and vehicle characteristics, train handling, and track-train dynamics. Stressed is the need to recognize that a derailment may be combination-caused, rather than mandating the investigators to report a single cause. This is necessary if information from the accident investigation is to accurately reflect the true situation. The manual concludes with six recommendations for individual railroad users.
- This project was sponsored by the Association of American Railroads, the Federal Railroad Administration, the Railway Progress Institute and the Transportation Development Agency of Canada.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking performance; Crash causes; Crash investigation; Derailments; Freight cars; Track components; Train operations; Train track dynamics; Vehicle dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car dynamics
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00082174
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1976 12:00AM