BINOCULAR AND MONOCULAR FIELD OF VIEW PERFORMANCE TEST
The primary objective of this project was to obtain field of view data from new model passenger cars, multipurpose vehicles, trucks and buses, using the binocular and monocular testing procedures contained in Docket 70-7 (NPRM) and in Alternate Procedures (AP), which were developed by Ford Motor Company. Also investigated were vision points for three direct look-to-rear situations in two passenger cars, one full size and one subcompact. The results indicated an appreciable difference in vision points because of size and configuration of the two cars. Twenty-two passenger cars, seven trucks, and one school bus were tested for forward field of view in each of two proposed methods both using binocular and monocular techniques. The passenger cars were also tested for look-to-rear binocular field of view using the vision points found in the initial look to the rear investigation. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Tracor Jitco, Incorporated1300 East Gude Drive
Rockville, MD United States 20851
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Kuroda, A S
- Boyer, D S
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Motor vehicles; Testing; Trucks; Visibility; Vision
- Old TRIS Terms: Vision characteristics
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00081957
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-256-3-688
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM