LITERATURE SURVEY ON NUCLEAR POWERED MERCHANT SHIP OPERATIONS
This report constitutes one of a series of basic studies performed to determine the present status of the application of nuclear energy to commercial shipping and to define the areas, timing, and degree of effort for future work. Literature material for each operational problem area associated with the operation of commercial nuclear powered ships was reviewed and a summarization is presented, along with conclusions and recommendations for each problem area. The sources of information, material, data, and literature directly or indirectly applicable to the problem areas designated for this survey are provided. Also included are a short summary of each piece of literature considered applicable and a bibliographical index prepared under major areas of interest.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number P-3-L.
Parsons (Ralph M) Company617 South Olive Street
Los Angeles, CA USA
- Publication Date: 1957-6-28
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 161 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; International trade; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Policy; Propulsion; Ship operations
- Old TRIS Terms: International shipping policies
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00026037
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)-143
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM