A STUDY OF REVENUE MECHANISMS FOR FINANCING URBAN MASS TRANSPORTATION
The report covers the analysis of two revenue mechanisms for financing urban mass transportation, a transit fuel tax and an additional gasoline tax imposed in urban areas. The report includes analysis of the magnitude of revenues that could be raised, tax rates required to raise these revenues, tax incidence, potential impact on transit usage, and mechanisms for tax collection.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Finance; Financing; Gasoline; Government funding; Public transit; Subsidies; Taxation; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial sources
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Highways; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00081950
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 6 1981 12:00AM