INTERIM STUDIES OF OMR (ORGANIC MODERATED REACTOR) FOR MARINE PROPULSION
This report presents the results of a four month study program on non-uniformly loaded OMR-type cores, optimization of the OMR shield, and distillation residue handling. A description of the work performed, conclusion, and recommendations are presented. Results include the development of reasonably accurate methods of analysis of non-uniformly loaded cores and the investigation indicates that the design and fabrication of a flat flux core is feasible. Methods were developed for accurately obtaining the thermal and fast neutron flux distribution through the OMR shield, but the investigation of other methods is recommended. The important properties of waste polymer or residue are determined.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number NAA-SR-2140.
Atomics InternationalP.O. Box 309
Canogo Park, CA United States
- Ashley, R L
- Campise, A V
- Duncan, D S
- Whittum Jr, H O
- Publication Date: 1957-9-30
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear reactor cores; Radiation shielding; Spent reactor fuels
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026033
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: NAA-SR-2140 Intrm Rpt
- Contract Numbers: AT(11-1)-GEN-8
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 19 1973 12:00AM