THE DEVELOPMENT OF A COMBINATION POWER INSTALLATION AND ELECTRIC DRIVE SYSTEM FOR A CITY BUS
BESKONTAKTNYE SISTEMY UPRAVLENIYA ELERTROPODVIZHNYUM SASTAVOM I POLUPROVODNIKOVE PREODRAQOVATELI TOKA
The application of a combination power plant consisting of a diesel generator, storage batteries and an electric drive motor to a city bus is described. In addition to a general discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of various types of batteries and drive system configurations, specific data are given for the case of an experimental city bus. The prospects for the further development of such systems are also briefly discussed.
- Trans. of Moskovskii Institut Inzhenerov Zheleznodorozhnogo Transporta. Trudy (USSR) n401 p114-124 1972.
Army Foreign Science and Technology Center220 7th Street, NE
Charlottesville, VA United States 22901
- Zorokhovich, A E
- Gushcho-Malkov, B P
- Levental, L Y
- Khomenko, A I
- Gorodetskii, E M
- Publication Date: 1974-4-26
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Diesel engines; Energy; Motors; Propulsion; Storage batteries; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00081862
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FSTC-HT-23-0723-74
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM