PROCEEDINGS OF THE SEMINAR ON BICYCLE/PEDESTRIAN PLANNING & DESIGN
The many facts of planning for bicyclists and pedestrians are considered in these Proceedings. Accident prevention is discussed in detail, including such aspects as the dangers to cyclists of parallel sewer grates, pedestrian regulation, and surfacing to be used on pedestrian walkways. Also considered are: age; mobility; planning for handicapped persons; health aspects such as air pollution and recreation; parking facilities; dual-mode buses; sidewalks; energy crisis; and regulations, both Federal and local. Crime and hazardous locations, traffic signals, moving sidewalks and personal rapid transit are also discussed, as is the use of time lapse photography for data collection. School child traffic safety and urban play areas are considered, as are benefit cost analyses of bikeways and bikeway and pedestrian facilities.
- Conference held at Walt Disney World, Florida, 12-14 December 1973.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 700 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Bicycles; Bikeways; City planning; Conferences; Crimes; Data collection; Dual mode transportation systems; Energy; Facilities; Grates; High risk locations; Pavements; Pedestrian malls; Personal rapid transit; Persons with disabilities; Planning; Playgrounds; Prevention; Regulations; Safety; School children; Sidewalks; Surface course (Pavements); Texture; Time lapse photography; Traffic safety; Traffic signals; Traffic surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Child safety
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Law; Pavements; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00081857
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1981 12:00AM