EVALUATION: 1995 HIGHWAY-PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION NETWORKS
This evaluatory report of six alternative transportation networks (public transportation and highways are combined in these networks) for the 8-county Chicago-Gary Region, assesses the social, economic and environmental consequences including the compatibility of the alternatives with adopted comprehensive plans for the Region. This evaluation is a part of the reappraisal component of the planning work program which is a systematic recycling of the planning activities which leads to periodic changes in plans and programs, and consists of three cycles: annual review, major review, and complete plan re-evaluation. Details are given of the methodology, as well as of the results of the overall assessment and the analysis of variable runs. Conclusions based on the study are presented.
Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission8149 Kennedy Avenue
Highland, IN United States 46322
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Environmental impacts; Evaluation; Methodology; Planning; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Two dimensional
- Old TRIS Terms: Comprehensive planning; Substitutes
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00081855
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1981 12:00AM