TRACK TRAIN DYNAMICS. HARMONIC ROLL SERIES - VOLUME II
This is the second of two installments of the report marking completion of Task 13 of Phase I of the International Government-Industry Research Program on Track Train Dynamics. This reference manual has data on truck components and on truck characteristics and is based on work performed by American Steel Foundries. Included are reports on frictional damping forces at the side frame/truck bolster interface; vertical, lateral, torsional and pitch spring rates of standard truck coil springs; deflection characteristics of truck bolsters and side frames; torsional resistance at the truck bolster/carbody centerplate interface; theoretical clearances throughout the truck; and mass moment of intertia of the side frame and truck bolster.
- This project was sponsored by the Association of American Railroads, the Federal Railroad Administration, the Railway Progress Institute and the Transportation Development Agency of Canada
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 92 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight cars; Railroad tracks; Rocking; Rolling; Snubbers; Spring; Structural design; Suspension systems; Train track dynamics; Vehicle dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track design
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car dynamics; Rock and roll
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00081784
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1976 12:00AM