TRACK TRAIN DYNAMICS. HARMONIC ROLL SERIES -- VOLUME I
This is the first of two installments of the report marking completion of Task 13 of Phase I of the International Government-Industry Research Program on Track Train Dynamics. The many factors of track, equipment and operations which are involved in harmonic roll of railroad equipment, a phenomenon also known as "rock and roll," are identified. The volume has five sections: Problem Definition, Historical Background, Current Industry Practices, Recommended Guidelines, and Bibliography. Definitions of significant terms are also included in this manual.
- This project was sponsored by the Association of American Railroads, the Federal Railroad Administration, the Railway Progress Institute and the Transportation Development Agency of Canada.
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 79 p.
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Freight cars; Rocking; Rolling; Snubbers; Suspension systems; Train operations; Train track dynamics; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car design; Freight car dynamics; Rock and roll
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00081783
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1976 12:00AM