20,000 SHP NUCLEAR TANKER, FINAL REPORT, VOLUME 2
This volume is comprised of two sections. The first discusses the system control and instrumentation needed to provide for various propulsion and operation modes of a nuclear reactor and power plant for an oil tanker. The second section of the volume presents a nuclear analysis containing the results of a parametric study covering criticality, neutron-flux distribution, core size, and fuel element configuration.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number FICO-102-Vol-2. See also MRIS #026025, Vol 1.
Sperry Rand CorporationFord Instrument Division, 31-10 Thomson Avenue
Long Island City, NY USA
- Publication Date: 1957-4-22
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 151 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor coolants
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026026
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-250
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1974 12:00AM