SUMMARY OF THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE SYMPOSIUM ON CREEP, SHRINKAGE AND TEMPERATURE, NEW YORK, APRIL, 1970.
Nine designers were invited either to discuss structures in which the effects of creep, shrinkage or temperature had produced distress, or to establish design procedures for preventing it. An ACI Committee presented available pertinent research data. The papers, a list of which is given in the appendix, justified the conclusion that, for reinforced concrete, sufficient data and adequate design methods are now available to permit safe efficient design. /TRRL/
- Presented at the Symposium on the Design of Concrete Structures for Creep, Shrinkage and Temperature Changes, Madrid, Spain, 1970, Final Report, Volume 6, Reports of the Working Commissions.
International Association for Bridge and Structural EngineeringETH-Honggerberg, Wolfgang-Pauli-Strasse 15
Zurich 8093, Switzerland CH-8093
- PHILLEO, R E
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Creep; Reinforced concrete; Shrinkage; Structural design; Structures; Temperature
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00081738
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM