THE DEPENDENCE OF THE BULK MODULUS, YOUNG'S MODULUS, SHRINKAGE AND THE THERMAL EXPANSION OF CONCRETE UPON AGGREGATE VOLUME CONCENTRATION
A simple theoterical approach is used to obtain expressions for a number of physical properties of concrete. It is assumed that concrete approximates to a two-phase material consisting of particles of aggregate dispersed in a cement matrix, and it is shown that the theory is in reasonable agreement with some measurements of Young's modulus and shrinkage made on concrete. /TRRL/
Cement and Concrete Association52 Grosvenor Gardens
London SW1W 0AQ, England
- Publication Date: 1969-12
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Cement; Concrete; Equations; Modulus of elasticity; Physical properties; Shrinkage; Thermal expansion; Volume
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concrete properties
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00081726
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRA 437 Tech Rpt.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM