NMSR CONTROL ROD DRIVE SYSTEM FOR BABCOCK & WILCOX
Initial scope drawings and descriptions for the Babcock and Wilcox nuclear merchant ship reactor (NMSR) control rod drive system are presented. The report covers all major parts of the system and equipment to be supplied but is not a specification of systems or equipment. Instead, the aim is to: (1) establish a concept and approach to form a basis for the detailed design of the system and equipment, and (2) furnish a description of the system and equipment to insure a common understanding between manufacturer and purchaser regarding type and extent of systems and equipment to be supplied. Specific consideration is given to the general system description, general design aims, installation, control rod drive mechanism, hydraulic piping and instrumentation diagram, special tools, and electrical equipment. An appendix provides engineering specifications for the marine control rod drive gear motor and for the NMSR control rod drive hydraulic system.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number GEAP-2050.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA USA 01910
- Smith, F F
- Burgin, E
- Publication Date: 1957-11-19
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Design; Electrical systems; Hydraulic equipment; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydraulic systems; Nuclear reactor control systems; Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026018
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: GEAP-2050
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM