NUCLEAR PROPULSION OF MERCHANT SHIPS: AN ENGINEERING SUMMARY
This report advocates immediate construction of nuclear powered merchant ships based upon results of an independent evaluation of nuclear energy to marine applications. Appendixes present criteria for a nuclear powered ship, health, physics, and safety.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number MU-Proj-2362-2-F.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborEngineering Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
- Folsom, R G
- Ohlgren, H A
- Lewis, J G
- Weech, M E
- Publication Date: 1955-6-1
- Features: Appendices; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Nuclear power; Nuclear powered ships
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026002
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2362-2-F
- Contract Numbers: MA-1079
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM