SUMMARY DESCRIPTION 1995 TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM PLAN
The 1995 Transportation replaces the Regional Transportation Interim Plan and Program of 1971. The Chicago Area Transportation Study and Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission, aided by the City of Chicago and Northeastern Illinois Planning Commission prepared this plan to provide a better transportation system for more than 3 million citizens of an eight-county area. The Plan is a corrdinated multimodal approach involving transit (composed of commuter railroads, rapid transit and bus), the highway system, airport system for commercial and general aviation, and the freight system involving rail, water, truck and energy corridors. The plan strives to meet 11 regional objectives which are listed.
- This study has been funded in part by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Chicago Area Transportation Study300 West Adams Street
Chicago, IL United States 60606
Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission8149 Kennedy Avenue
Highland, IN United States 46322
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Costs; Environment; Freight transportation; Highways; Multimodal transportation; Public transit; Railroad commuter service; Rapid transit; Regional planning; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Chicago Area Transportation Study
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost data; Transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Economics; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00081636
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1981 12:00AM