PROCEEDINGS OF THE EUROPEAN SYMPOSIUM ON PENETRATION TESTING, ESOPT, IN STOCKHOLM, JUNE 5-7, 1974. VOLUME 1, STATE-OF-THE-ART REPORTS
These reports from 26 countries give a comprehensive view of testing methods, equipment, practice of penetration testing etc. in Europe (Western and Eastern) as well as in other parts of the world including the USA. Each paper reviews the geological background of the country, and describes the penetrometers used as well as the test procedures. The interpreation and evaluation of test results is discussed, and the heed for future development of testing equipment is considered. The volume could provide guidelines for standardization, and may prove valuable for international consulting activity. A second volume is planned which will summarize the state-of-the-art reports, document the general discussions and group sessions, and include a number of special papers.
- Summary of a symposium sponsored by the Swedish Council for Building Research to the Swedish Geotechnical Society, Stockholm.
National Swedish Council for Building ResearchLinnegatan 81
114 60 Stockholm, Sweden
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 218 p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Consultants; Equipment; Evaluation; Geology; Penetrometers; Soil penetration test; Standardization; State of the art studies
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00081620
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: 720657-4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 8 1975 12:00AM