INTERIM GUIDE FOR FREEWAY LIGHTING (METRIC UNITS)
This publication which sets out interim guidelines for the lighting of freeways, is intended to be read in conjunction with the Australion Standard AS 1158, Part 1 - Lighting of Urban Traffic routes. Warrants for freeway lighting are described which may need to be varied in special or unusual cases. A consideration of design criteria covers such aspects as level of luminance, uniformity of luminance, and transition lighting. Types of lighting sources are listed and various aspects of lighting poles are discussed. Practical installation geometrics are reviewed, as well as alternative arrangements for lighting of the through carriageways. Lighting on freeway bridges, freeway underpasses and tunnels are outlined. Typical lighting arrangements are listed, as well as current developments in freeway lighting.
National Association of Australian State Road AuthP.O. Box J141
Brickfield Hill, New South Wales 2000, Australia
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Arterial highways; Bridges; Brightness; Building; Design; Facilities; Freeways; Geometry; Guidelines; Installation; Light; Lighting systems; Poles (Supports); Street lighting; Tunnels; Underpasses; Warrants (Traffic control devices)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Light sources; Transition zones
- Old TRIS Terms: Freeway lighting; Through highway; Tunnel lighting
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00081618
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 8 1975 12:00AM