PHOTOMETRIC TESTS OF VEHICLE GLAZING MATERIALS
Measurements were made on the spectral transmittance of representative vehicle glazing materials and spectral reflectance of representative automobile paints. Colorimetric data were derived from these spectral measurements. By varying the instrumental parameters of the in-laboratory procedure described in NBS Report No. 10902 for measuring the transmittance of glazing materials, errors in transmittance were obtained and were evaluated. The standard deviation of the transmittance measurements was less than 9.91 except at incidence angles of 70 degrees where it was about 0.02.
National Bureau of StandardsConnecticut Avenue at Van Ness Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20008
- Hall, W A
- Walters, E L
- Nimeroff, I
- Douglas, C A
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Glazing; Laboratory tests; Optical measurement; Paint; Reflection; Windshields
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00081530
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT HS-801 281 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-185-3-599
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1975 12:00AM