DRIVER EXPOSURE SURVEY, A FIELD TEST OF THE TRIP-LOG METHOD
A trip-log survey of driving exposure was conducted in Michigan in 1973. Responses were obtained from 959 licensed drivers, a 30% response rate. The survey was a satisfactory test of feasibility. Data analyses showed both similarities and discrepancies in comparison to previous data. The new data cannot be considered as valid because of the low response rate. Future efforts should be made to improve the response rate.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
- Carroll, P S
- Publication Date: 1974-2-28
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash exposure; Data analysis; Drivers; Logs; Mathematical analysis; Surveying; Travel
- Uncontrolled Terms: Exposure; Trip
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00081522
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-SA-74-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-031-2-505
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM