THE USE OF ACCIDENT DATA IN THE NHTSA STANDARDS ENFORCEMENT PROGRAM
The present usage of accident data in connection with selection of vehicles for compliance testing is studied, and recommendations are made for changes in this usage. Recommended actions include assignment of analytical personnel to the processing of data for this purpose, addition of several new data elements in the MDAI collection process, expansion of the MDAI program, and certain use of police-reported accident data. Specific examples of analysis of accident data relevant to Standards 105 and 207 are given.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
Washington, DC USA 20590
- O'Day, J
- Carroll, P S
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance tests; Crash investigation; Information processing; Standards; Vehicle characteristics
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00081518
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801-205 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00861
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM