DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF CONCRETE PAVEMENTS WITHOUT REINFORCEMENT
ONTWERP EN VITVOERING VAN CEMENTBETONWEGER ZONDER WAPENING
The first communication of the working group ci, cement concrete roads, deals with non-reinforced cement concrete pavement. First the choice of the construction is considered. When the base does not show large differences in settlement the construction of a cement concrete road is generally possible. In this respect the full composition of the construction is considered. The foundation, thickness of the concrete layer, various methods of design, joints and dowels are dealt with. An exposition is given of the technological aspects of the pavement. Special attention is given to: the roughness of the texture, the wear-resistance, the resistance to frost-thawing slats, flexural strength compressive strength, the density, the homogeneity, the workability of the mortar, its green strength, the shrinkage and the crack formation. A few samples are given of applied concrete mixtures. Consideration is given to the method of construction with fixed shuttering and with sliding formwork and the machinery used for that purpose. Also the texture, the curing and the making of joints are given full attention. Finally consideration is given to the problems which may arise when ending the concrete-layer onto the connection of engineering works.
Werkgroep cl "Cementbetonwegen"Arnhem, Netherlands
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete pavements; Density; Dowels (Fasteners); Durability; Foundations; Fracture mechanics; Joints (Engineering); Pavement design; Pavement layers; Paving; Strength of materials; Texture; Thickness
- Old TRIS Terms: Joint
- ITRD Terms: 5532: Compression; 4755: Concrete; 5211: Cracking; 4702: Curing (concrete); 2598: Deicing; 5908: Density; 3896: Dowel; 3674: Equipment; 3639: Formwork; 2585: Frost; 5916: Homogeneity; 2998: Joint (structural); 4714: Mix design; 3055: Pavement design; 2964: Rigid pavement; 3665: Road construction; 2961: Roadbase; 5928: Sensitivity; 4743: Shrinkage; 3031: Skidding resistance; 3491: Slab; 5544: Strength (mater); 3053: Surface texture; 5502: Tension; 5293: Wear; 5941: Workability
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00081483
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Modeling No. 32 R&D Rept.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: May 1 1975 12:00AM