A STUDY OF NO-PASSING ZONE CONFIGURATIONS ON RURAL TWO-LANE HIGHWAYS IN NORTH CAROLINA: VOLUME II
The attached publication, Final Report: Volume II, is a part of a three volume set covering research activities on "A Study of No-Passing Zone Configurations on Rural Two-Lane Highways." The analytical techniques discussed in the complete research report, Final Report: Volume I, utilize a computer model for simulating highway traffic on two-way roadways, including the overtaking and passing maneuver. Final Report: Volume II includes general and detailed descriptions of the various digital computer programs comprising the traffic simulation model, along with input-output data specifications. Final Report: Volume III consists of a manual for the highway designer that (1) lists the highway design data necessary as input to the computer programs, and (2) discusses the use of computer output data to analyze the consequences of changes in no-passing zone configurations.
- Study sponsored by the North Carolina State Highway Commission and FHWA.
North Carolina State University, RaleighHighway Research Program, P.O. Box 5993
Raleigh, NC USA 27607
- Heimbach, C L
- Khasnabis, S
- Chao, G C
- Publication Date: 1972-8
- Pagination: 154 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Digital computers; No passing zones; Traffic flow; Traffic simulation; Two lane highways
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00081473
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: ERD-110-69-3, Vol IIFinal Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 8 1975 12:00AM