REPORT ON PROTOTYPE HIGHWAY SAFETY AND TRAFFIC OFFENSE ADJUDICATION TRAINING PROGRAMING
The prototype highway safety and traffic offense adjudication training symposium explored ways to make traffic offense adjudication more highway safety effective. The symposium highlighted the relationship between traffic violations and highway accidents; the advisability of implementing administrative hearings to supplement or replace traffic court adjudication; the need for change in the traffic law system; improved rehabilitation techniques for problem drivers; and, innovative approaches is handling problem drinker drivers. State discussion groups focused on critical driver control problem areas and developed remedial plans of action. It was recognized that traffic law and adjudication aspects of highway safety require renewed attention. There is a great need for research and innovation. Special legislation should be enacted, such as North Dakota's alternate methods of disposing of certain traffic offenses, to allow experimentation in improved traffic case disposition methods and additional symposia conducted for wide dissemination of traffic law/adjudication/highway safety material.
Denver UniversityCollege of Law
Denver, CO USA 80210
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 251 p.
- TRT Terms: Adjudication; Hearings; Highway safety; Laws; Traffic courts; Traffic regulations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic laws
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law;
- Accession Number: 00081472
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Hercules Incorporated
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT HS-801 000 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-126-2-353
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 8 1975 12:00AM