TRIAL OF EPOXY-RESIN/CALCINED-BAUXITE SURFACE DRESSING ON A1, SANDY, BEDFORDSHIRE, 1968
Increasing use is being made of a surface-dressing process using an epoxy-resin binder and small chippings (2 to 3 mm) of calcined Guyana bauxite. In order to establish if this small size of aggregate is capable of giving good resistance to skidding at high speeds, a length of about 200 m was laid on Trunk Road A1 in October, 1968 and is being tested regularly at speeds up to 130 km/h. This report gives detail of the installation of the trial area and reports the results up to August 1970. So far very good results at all speeds have been maintained and the condition of the material is still good.
Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom
- James, J G
- Publication Date: 1971-6
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Bauxite; Chippings; Epoxy resins; Seal coats; Skid resistance; Test sections
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00081451
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRRL LR 381
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM