URBAN RAIL SUPPORTING TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM-FISCAL YEAR 1973 YEAR END SUMMARY
The Urban Rail Supporting Technology Program, being conducted for the Department of Transportation Urban Mass Transportation Administration (UMTA) is described for the 1973 Fiscal Year period. Major areas covered include program management, technical support and application engineering, facilities development, test and evaluation and technology development. Specific technical discussion covers track geometry measurement, UMTA facilities development at the High Speed Ground Test Center at Pueblo, Colorado, rail car test and evaluation, especially of the State-of-the-art-Car (SOAC) and of Boston's MBTA Green Line, instrumentation for data acquisition and processing, noise abatement methodology, and tunneling and crashworthiness studies.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/PMP6
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Madigan, R J
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashworthiness; Data collection; Facilities; High speed ground transportation; Management; Rail (Railroads); Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Technical assistance; Technology
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00081302
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- ISBN: PM-P-6
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0025-74-9Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 26 1982 12:00AM