DEVELOPMENT OF COURSE AND MATERIAL FOR TRAINING IN DWI LAW ENFORCEMENT: DETECTION, APPREHENSION AND TESTIMONY
This report summarizes the nature, scope and procedures utilized in the development of a student oriented instructional program for training police officers in DWI enforcement. Instructional materials were prepared and tested in four field trails, revised where necessary, and prepared for mass distribution and program implementation. The entire training package consists of an Instructor's Manual, Student Manual, Course Guide, Instructional Aids Packet (audio-visual materials), and an Evaluation Aids Packet. Fifty-four problem solving situations are depicted on 16 mm film; four mock trial segments are on VTR; numerous other visuals and student and course evaluation forms were prepared. The complete instructional package is necessary to conduct a training course.
Michigan State University, East LansingHighway Traffic Safety Center
East Lansing, MI USA 48824
- Carnahan, J E
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 79 p.
- TRT Terms: Audiovisual aids; Education; Field tests; Law enforcement; Manuals; Police; Students; Training; Training devices
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00081294
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT HS-801 289 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-334-3-645
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1975 12:00AM