CRASH INJURY MANAGEMENT INSTRUCTOR TRAINING INSTITUTE: FINAL REPORT
The purpose of this study was to expose key individuals to the NHTSA-developed curriculum materials for crash injury management and to teach them how to teach. The objective was accomplished through the conduct of five 30-hour instructor training institutes conducted in various areas of the country. Institutes were held in the spring of 1974. Teaching was shared by representatives of Dunlap and Associates, Inc., and educators from Central Connecticut State College. Various educational institutions throughout the United States served as host colleges for the Institutes. Through its regional offices, state governor's representatives, and state or local agencies, NHTSA identified and referred candidates to attend each institute. A total of 78 enrollees completed the training program. They represented 37 states, Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia and NHTSA. Enrollees were associated with law enforcement or emergency medical services. Seventy-three percent of the enrollees expect that their organizations will use all or some of the NHTSA curriculum materials in their future training. All institutes proceeded on schedule and ran smoothly. Ninety-three percent of the enrollees reported that the institute was quite valuable or very valuable to them.
Dunlap and Associates IncorporatedOne Parkland Drive
Darien, CT USA 06820
- CLEVEN, A M
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 235 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash injury research; Curricula; Disasters and emergency operations; Education; Instructors; Law enforcement; Management; Medical services; Training; Training devices
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency services
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Highways; Law; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00081290
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT HS-801 310 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00847
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1975 12:00AM