ROADS, BRIDGES AND TUNNELS, THE MODERN THOROUGHFARES
ROUTES, PONTS ET TUNNELS, LES VOIES DE COMMUNICATION MODERNES
A review is presented of highway, bridge and tunnel construction methods throughout the ages. Future throughfares are described: direct intercity motorways with automatic vehicle control, aeroplanes and helicopters landing in the centre of urban areas, trains travelling at 600 mph. in vacuum tubes, and suspension bridges with nylon and fiberglass cables. Mention is made of extra light concrete containing plastic "stones" as aggregates.
Larousse17 rue de Montparnasse
Paris be, France
- Overman, N
- Publication Date: 1970
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 191 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic vehicle monitoring; Bridge cables; Concrete aggregates; Intercity transportation; Road construction; Suspension bridges; Tunneling; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00081251
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1975 12:00AM