BITUMINOUS COAL AND LIGNITE MINE OPENINGS AND CLOSINGS IN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES. 1970, 1971 AND 1972
The six tables of this report summarize data on mine openings and closings, showing the impact of such actions on state production and employment in 1970, 1972 and 1972. The deep mine closures and loss of production are attributed to seven major causes, which are detailed in the tables. The ratio of planned production from deep and surface mines opened to actual state production is also shown.
- Appeared in Mineral Industry Survey.
Department of the InteriorBureau of Mines
Washington, DC USA 20240
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Coal resources; Forecasting; Freight traffic
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk traffic
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00081207
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1976 12:00AM