BART-II: PRE-BART STUDIES OF ENVIRONMENT, LAND USE, RETAIL SALES. PART II. VOLUME VI. RATIONALE AND PROCEDURES FOR COLLECTION OF BEHAVIORAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DATA
The report presents the rationale for the collection of behavioral and environmental survey data for the residential impact study and documents the procedures used to collect this data. It places these surveys in the overall research design by outlining the study's two strategies with special attention to the site' strategy. The environmental qualities, which form the basis of all the data collection, are introduced. The environmental and behavioral surveys and also the resident interview are discussed. The development of the surveys and the field data collection methods are presented, and each of the environmental qualities is discussed in terms of the specific environmental and behavior measures related to it.
- Sponsored in part by Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, D.C. See also BART-2, Part 2, Volume 5, PB-236 732, and BART-1, Part 2, Volume 1, PB-236 734.
University of California, BerkeleyInstitute of Urban and Regional Development
Berkeley, CA USA 94720
Metropolitan Transportation CommissionHotel Claremont
Berkeley, CA USA 94705
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- APPLEYARD, D
- Publication Date: 1973-6-29
- Pagination: 463 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Data collection; Environment; Environmental impacts; Methodology; Rapid transit; Residential areas; Socioeconomic factors; Surveys; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00081190
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-90023
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 6 1982 12:00AM