BART-II: PRE-BART STUDIES OF ENVIRONMENT, LAND USE, RETAIL SALES. PART II. VOLUME IV. RATIONALE AND PROCEDURE FOR THE COLLECTION OF PRE-BART GEOGRAPHIC, CENSUS AND SECONDARY DATA FOR THE SYSTEMWIDE STRATEGY
The report presents the rationale and procedure for the collection of the geographic, census and secondary data used in the assessment of BART'S impact on the residential environment. It includes an outline and overview of the residential impact study, especially the system-wide branch of the study, and a detailed discussion of the variables of interest to the study. Chapters include discussions of the use of the data in developing criteria of environmental quality and of the procedure for gathering and coding data.
- Sponsored in part by Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, D.C. See also BART-2, Part 2, Volume 3, PB-236 730, and BART-2, Part 2, Volume 5, PB-236 732.
University of California, BerkeleyInstitute of Urban and Regional Development
Berkeley, CA United States 94720
Metropolitan Transportation CommissionHotel Claremont
Berkeley, CA United States 94705
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Department of Housing and Urban Development451 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20410
- Appleyard, D
- Publication Date: 1973-6-29
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Census; Data collection; Economic analysis; Environmental impacts; Geography; Rapid transit; Regional planning; Residential areas; Socioeconomic factors; States; Surveys; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Old TRIS Terms: State planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00081189
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-90023
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 6 1982 12:00AM