PRESENT STATUS OF JAPANESE MOTOR OILS AND EXTENSION OF OIL DRAIN INTERVALS
Recent trends in motor oils and drain interval extension in Japan are described. The present target proposed by Japanese automakers is an extension from 5000 km to 10,000 km which seems to be easily met by conventional SE oils. Recently, low ash-low phosphorus oils have predominated in the market in order to increase catalyst durability. It is not presently known whether or not an extended drain interval and such oils are compatible. In comparison with conventional SE oils, low ash-low phosphorus oils offer better valve train wear protection.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Presented at SAE International Fuels and Lubricants Meeting, Toronto, 13-16 November 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- SUGIURA, K
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Engine oils; Oil changing; Wear
- Geographic Terms: Japan
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil filter change interval
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00399213
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780953, HS-025 899U
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 31 1985 12:00AM